Mate的美式英语课带你一起学万圣节idioms 学俗语也能很刺激!

一年一度的万圣狂欢就要告一段落啦!有没有趁周末尽情happy呢? 还没玩够也不要太难过,毕竟,万圣节都过了,圣诞节还会远吗!

今天为大家准备了几个与万圣节息息相关的英语俗语,切记在玩乐中也不能松懈英语学习哦!

Blood run cold



Meaning: This means you are so frightened that you can feel it all over.
该短语表示你太害怕了,以至于全身都有反应。

Example: The rage in his eyes made her blood run cold.
他眼中的愤怒让她毛骨悚然。

Devil’s advocate



Meaning: Someone who plays “devil’s advocate” is a person who argues an unpopular opinion for the sake of the argument.
“魔鬼代言人”是在争论中故意唱反调的人。

Example: So let me play devil’s advocate and consider the positive case for buying a home right now.
那么让我来唱反调吧,让我考虑下现在买房的积极例证。

Dig one’s grave



Meaning: You are ‘digging your own grave’ when you do something which you know will cause you trouble.
当你做明知道会给你带来麻烦的事情时,你就是在“自掘坟墓”。

Example:You will dig your own grave and go to hell!
你将自掘坟墓并且下地狱!

Like a bat out of hell



Meaning: This term is used to describe something that happens very quickly or suddenly.
这个习语被用于描述某事儿发生得很快很突然。

Example: You will be flying like a bat out of hell.
你将会嗖的一下飞起来。

Over my dead body



Meaning: This is used when you refuse to let someone do something.
当你拒绝让某人做某事时,使用这个短语。

Example: ‘We’ll have her over for dinner.’ — ‘Over my dead body!’
“我们将请她过来吃大餐。”“除非我死了。”

Skeleton in the closet



Meaning: Someone with “skeletons in their closet” is someone who has something they don’t want to tell you about.
一个“在衣橱里藏着骷髅”的人是有着不可告人秘密的人。

Example: Everyone has a skeleton in the closet.
每个人都有不可告人的秘密。

Stab in the back



Meaning: This common phrase refers to a friend or acquaintance betraying you for their own personal gain.
这个常用的短语指朋友或熟人因为个人的一己私利而背叛了你。

Example: Such a vicious lie could be nothing but a stab in the back.
这种恶毒的谎言简直是暗箭伤人。

原文链接:https://www.learnenglishwithmate.com/shiyong/17427.html,转载请注明出处。

0
分享海报

评论0

请先

显示验证码
没有账号? 注册  忘记密码?